Requirement for CakePHP & Installation Guide
I am working with CakePHP since last few months. Initially i was worried that how to adjust with new framework and how much time will it take to learn. But its very easier to learn with and very easy to work with. Here in my first post, i am showing you the Requirement & steps for CakePHP installation.
Apache (mod_rewrite is preferred, but not must required)
PHP 4.3.2 or greater.
MySQL 4 or greater (CakePHP supports a variety of database)
1) Download CakePHP source & Extract all. Copy all folders and paste it to your project directory.
2) App folder is your application folder, Cake folder is Core CakePHP library folder. Webroot is used to add JS files, CSS files and others.
3) Open app/config/core.php and change the value of Security.salt & Security.cipherSeed to any random value. (For security reason, need to change it from default value otherwise it will give an error
4) For database setup, change the app/config/database.php.default to app/config/database.php
5) Create database in phpmyadmin and set the connection parameter in above database.php.
6) Disable SQL debug at bottom page. Add below class to app/webroot/css/cake.generic.css
7) Configure::write('Cache.disable', true); in app/config/core.php8) Disable errors and warning by changing value of "debug" Constant to 0 in app/config/core.php. ( Configure::write('debug', 0);)
If you find any problem in this than let me know by comment.